Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Artomatic 2012 Artwork, Part Three:

It's no secret that I love encaustic work. I find the medium itself soothing. It smells good, it feels good to work with but wow is it hard to get it to do what I want it to do! Kevin Milstead does not seem to share this problem with me!

For me Nancy Hacskaylo's encaustic work has it all.  Encausic, symmetry, the circus. I really love the work she is displaying at Artomatic. While someone may look at Nancy's work and feel a sense of dread due to the clowns, as a circus lover I look at it and want to know more of the story. The organic feel of her art works well with the crisp transfers, a technique I have certainly not mastered yet!

 
 John Grunwell is not only an amazing artist he is an incredibly friendly and helpful person. Without John's help I don't think my space (which is across from his) would have been put together in time for Artomatic's opening! John not only has his work displayed on the 9th floor once, but twice. He is also a mural artist and if you like his smaller pieces you'll be blown away by the larger one!  
Jeremy Arn's cityscape instantly caught my attention. I love the use of the monochrome color to highlight the shapes that make up the city. It brought me back to watching Dark City when I was younger, a sci-fi movie where the film noir-esque city and its residents is shifted and moved around at night. So simple yet so beautiful. I really like this piece! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Negative criticism welcome as long as it is friendly!