Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Artomatic Artwork, Part Nine:

Gregory Ferrand's work is really interesting. I'm not sure if it is a comment about social media or not, but what I love about art most of all is that it is up to your own interpretation. I enjoy the smoothness of Gregory's work as well.

Getting ready for the Fourth of July? This piece by Jonathan S. Woods is says a lot about how American's celebrate the fourth as consumers. At least, that's how I like to look at it!

Livingston Rodgers piece entitled 'Sea Dunes' is really beautiful. I feel like I am looking out a door way on the shore, ready to step out onto the sand. The texture is phenomenal.

Lisa D's description of her work is really revealing. I really respect an artist who is willing to put it all out there and share where their inspiration comes from. Also, I love owls!

Eluzid's artspace at Artomatic was beautiful. The room was welcoming and looked like you were in the waiting room of a five star spa. I couldn't take a photo that properly captured the atmosphere with my phone but I'd like to share Eluzid's description and a close up of some of the beautiful textured paper that was illuminated in his space.

Seemen Hashem's collages are warm and inviting with their cool color palette and familiar pieces. The surreal quality to the work is lovely. I really like the backgrounds.


Barbara Hance's jewelry is gorgeous. I found it hard to take photos of most of the jewelry makers at Artomatic due to glare on the glass, but hopefully you can see the detail in her work!



Pat Goslee's artwork shares the same cool color palette as Seemeen Hashem's. I found it soothing to look at even with all of the detail that is going on. It reminds me of the body painting I have seen in Burningman photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Negative criticism welcome as long as it is friendly!