Friday, June 22, 2012

Artomatic Artwork 2012, Part Eight:

Artomatic may be over but I still have a lot of amazing artwork to post! I have at least six more posts to make so I'll be posting for the next couple of weeks. Please be patient however, I am moving through the 4th of July!



Diana Quinn's encaustics are beautiful. Her work shown at Artomatic mainly focuses on the sea and related aspects. I love the interesting texture she manged to get on the piece with the koi.


Monica Gary's work is very dream like. I'm sure by now you know if I say that about a piece of work it means I like it!


Aside from having a cool name, Jimmy Graves has some cool paintings at Artomatic. I thought the face that Monica Gary is showing in her space would look great next to the one Jimmy is showing in his space.





Drew Storm Graham's 3D work has it all. Texture, color, simplicity and boldness. I enjoy the old school tattoo style of his work as well.

Describing Mei Mei Chang's work is difficult, but in the best of ways. There is so much going on, so many ways to describe each piece. Again my favorite way to describe art I'm drawn to is dreamlike. It's like Mei Mei's has created my dream world, especially the largest piece below. Connection, disconnection, different textures, time and space suspended, some familiar and unfamiliar spaces all conjoined into one. Needless to say I really love the way she sees the world.


The DC Creepers work is self explanatory. I love the sketches!


I envy the work that Nate Lucas is doing. I'm so allergic to saw dust! I enjoy the repetition of the piece below. It reminds me of horse shoe crabs from the beach.

I enjoyed seeing Glen Kessler's portraits of dogs at this year's Artomatic. I saw them every time I left the building at Artomatic@Frederick last winter so they were a comforting addition to this years! 

Angela Markeen Naglieri's work is inspired by "interesting gestures that suggest meaningful emotions and experiences." I love that description! You can even be a part of Angela's work by sending her an email. What an interesting way to interact with others while making art! Not only is the concept lovely but the sketches are as well. I love the beauty in the soft and bold lines she uses in harmony with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Negative criticism welcome as long as it is friendly!