Monday, December 14, 2015

Artomatic 2015 Artwork, Post One:

The first piece of art I saw upon entering Artomatic was Die Antwoord by Michelle Lauren. As a Die Antwoord fan and someone who has seen them in concert multiple times, I was excited to start my Artomatic day off with this piece of Yolandi and Ninja!


To the left of this piece is the controversial "The Last Buffet" in which Lori Ulmer-Hanson has depicted Brad Pitt as Jesus with disciples such as Van Gogh, Einstein, Nelson Mandela, Elvis, John Lennon and even The Pope. I'm going to go ahead and give this piece credit for the dream I had about Brad Pitt later that night. The post-it notes surrounding the piece showed everything from support to outrage, everything a piece of art like this should invoke. I appreciate the take on The Last Supper and chose to see it as a commentary on today's society. I don't know where the post-it notes came from, but what an interesting alternative to a book!


I found Karyne Messina's glass sculptures to be not only beautiful, but soothing to look at. Check out her site for more info and a great gallery of photos of her work!


Moshe Yagho's intricate wood sculptures hardly seem believable. The attention to detail and the tiny pieces that go into the work show a level of skill and dedication to the medium that can sometimes be hard to find. I bet Moshe has no problem completing puzzles!


Davide Prete, an Italian native, hails from my alma mater, Corcoran College of Art and Design and had not only beautiful sculptures on display, but also intricate jewelry. Molto bello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Negative criticism welcome as long as it is friendly!