Saturday, June 16, 2012

Artomatic Artwork 2012, Part Seven:

As a big fan of Joseph Cornell and pretty much any work that looks similarly influenced I was very interested in George Goetzke's art. I enjoy how in his pieces flow outside of the box structures and their dream like nature.



The encaustic pieces Jennifer Droblyen is showing at Artomatic are of particular interest to me. In my own encaustic work I try to incorporate fleshtones and organic textures. In my opinion Jennifer's art has captured this perfectly.




Brian Jerome Murphy has been so welcoming during this year's Artomatic. His sculptures look like something either out of a horror movie or a well cared for farm. I haven't decided which just yet but I like them either way!




Evan Goldman's work is lovely as is his personality. I had the pleasure of meeting Evan at Artomatic@Frederick in 2011. I'm in awe at the large scale of his detailed paintings. Not only the nudes displayed at this year's Artomatic but Evan's portraits should be seen in person!



Gloria Chapa's installation piece titled ?Imprinting? is interesting. The room smells pleasantly of baby powder which is used in her piece. I suggest seeing it in person and making your own interpretation of her work.




Emily Piccirillo's paintings are not only lovely and etherial but the way they're presented adds to the dreamlike nature, barely attached to reality. The room where they're hanging is soothing to be in.



As someone with synesthesia I find Barbara Januszkiewicz's work extremely interesting! She can describe it better than I can so I have included her artist bio as well as her description of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Negative criticism welcome as long as it is friendly!